Friday 2 September 2011

About..

Me in Paris last year, photo taken by my other half. <3

Well, at the moment (but not for much longer!) I live in Luxembourg. Although I was born in Italy (I'm half Italian, half British), we moved to Luxembourg when I was 2 years old.. it has been my home for the past 16 years of my life - all I've ever known, really. Can't wait to leave, though - it's waaaaay overdue.

Anyways, I'll be moving to the UK to study Business Management, which I'm really looking forward to. When I was applying to Uni, I had some pretty tough choices to make about where to go. 4 of 5 of the Universities I applied to gave me an offer, so I had alot of choice - but I managed to whittle it down to 2.

Option 'A' was one of the best universities in the UK (++), located in CENTRAL LONDON (+++) who had given me an easily achievable offer (+), (which they actually lowered again twice in attempt to get me to pick them! I was so happy.) BUT the course wasn't really what I was hoping for ( - - - ) .. lots of history, literature, politics which - as someone looking to study Business Management, was NOT what I was looking for.

Option 'B' was a pretty good - but not very well known - university (since then it had risen in the League Tables, yay! :) ) ( - - ), located just outside London ( - - ), who gave me an extremely achievable offer ( + ) for an AWESOME course ( + + + ) = wihuuu!

Needless to say, in the end I went for Option B ;) what would you have done in my situation?

Get this - of the 4 years which my degree will last, the first is spent in the UK, the second on Exchange/Erasmus (I'm hoping for a uni in Australia, Canada or Singapore!), the 3rd working in a company & earning a salary ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD :D (no studying, other than writing a report of what you learnt), and the 4th back in the UK :) In all this - I also have the opportunity to learn a language of choice (provided they teach it, of course ;) ) as part of my degree - I'm thinking Japanese, Russian, Danish or Mandarin Chinese. I might just be able to end up doing a year of each, but then maybe I wouldn't speak then very well.. What do you think? Are you a student at the moment too? :)

 

PS. This is my view as I'm writing this - but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment